Monday, March 14, 2011

I'm still thinking about the bathroom.

I still haven't decided what to do with my downstairs bathroom.  I started browsing Amazon for towel racks, light fixtures, medicine cabinets, and mirrors.  I don't know if I'll end up using some combination of what I already have or replace it all.  The medicine cabinet is set into the wall, so that may prove problematic.

Anyhow.  I was poking around trying to get some ideas and it struck me that these rounded items might help with the small space.


I like the chrome look because it's modern.  I can't stand the wood that seems to overpower the room right now.  That's possibly because it's not the color of wood I would have chosen.  It's a medium color and just bugs me.  I also really like the black metal and dark brown metal look, but I'm afraid with it being such a small room that wouldn't work very well.  


The thing that is starting to concern me right now is that if I go with this chrome look things will be too matchy and it may start to look institutional.  I don't want it to be a cold, unwelcoming bathroom.  I'm also concerned about ordering these items on Amazon because if they don't match well I'll have to send them back.  Having said that, I really hate home improvement stores.  I really just don't want to go to Home Depot or Lowes and try to find something I like there.  Now if we had an Ikea I'd be all about it!  Maybe I need to save up for a little while and make a bathroom decorating trip to Atlanta (the nearest Ikea).  Much as I love the place, that idea doesn't really appeal to me, either.  

So I'm still thinking and mulling over ideas.  I think I could be on to something with the rounded look and the small space.  I guess that's a little progress. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More