Thursday, October 14, 2010

I can't sleep so I think I'll blog.

Unfortunately for all of you I've got it set up so I can email my blog entries now. That should make my blogging more regular - and perhaps a bit less logical. But I'm pretty good at typing with my thumbs these days!

I have been working on a couple of different crochet projects. I keep meaning to take pictures of them and post them, but I've gotten to the point that I don't want to pull out the big camera just to snap a couple of pictures at home unless one of the pets is laying in an ~amazing~ pool of sunlight or something. I'm working on a Christmas scarf with white yarn that has a silver thread running through it. I love that one! It's so simple yet awesome. That one stays at work. There's also Landon's blanket for Christmas. It's getting really big and it's so soft and warm! It's too big to take to work now so my progress has slowed down a bit. The cats can vouch for how awesome it is, though They want to lay on me while I'm working on it. I also started a pink scarf for my sister because she has never had a scarf before. So I am in the middle of three different projects and my hands are so sore! But Christmas is getting here fast so it's time to buckle down and make lots of progress if I'm going to make all the things I have planned.

I'm also trying to read Wuthering Heights. (Forgive me, I can't italicize from my phone.) I'm on chapter three and so far I don't get it. Like with Emma, I'm having a hard time keeping the characters straight. What's with that? Is my brain only capable of keeping up with characters in young adult vampire novels anymore? Ugh. That just reinforces to me that I need to keep on reading classics. My brain needs the challenge.

I had a strange thought today. Am I the only person who wonders what the Duggar family (19 Kids and Counting) thinks of the Sister Wives? And vice versa, I suppose. Both are devoutly religious families with an incredibly large number of children. I think they probably have some fundamental differences in their beliefs... But do they also have some similarities? Would they praise one another for bringing so many little gifts into the world or criticize them for bringing them into a religion that they don't believe? Both are on the same network (TLC) and I'm really curious about what they think of one another. I think TLC should explore this. Seriously.


Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

I don't think it's that your brain can't keep them straight - it's more of it was written in a different time and compare novels from today to novels from that time period... way different.

And from my experience... I would think that the Duggars would be more harsh towards the Browns... Christians seem much more intolerant towards the fundamentalist Mormon crowd.

Thanks for the encouragement. I still feel dumb when I can't follow a book, though.

I think you're probably right about the Duggars and Browns. I know it's wrong to assume things about people, but if that is the case then it would be so hypocritical IMO. Especially after they have come under such criticism for having 19 children... And saying they would consider having more! I really do wonder if they would take the standard Christian stance or a more understanding one.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More