Thursday, October 13, 2011

I'm still here. And still losing weight.

I never follow through with using this blog the way I intend.  I blame being so incredibly busy - which don't get me wrong, it's a good thing.  I'm glad my photography business has taken off this year.  It is a much-needed supplement to our income and for the most part I enjoy it.  Though I spent most of last night printing CD inserts, burning and labeling disks, addressing envelopes, ordering more supplies, and stuffing envelopes.  Not exactly what every photographer dreams of when they start a photography business.  I just want to take pretty pictures, but as time goes on I am learning there is more and more involved behind the scenes to keep clients (and the government...  hello, taxes and documentation!) happy.  It's not enough to take a pretty picture.  You then have to edit and deliver that picture to them, no matter what method of fulfillment you choose to utilize.  I realized about a month ago that I am, in fact, working two full-time jobs.  Right now that's okay, but I know burn-out will come at some point and I'll have to take a breather.

But that's really not why I'm here. Despite being incredibly busy (and sick for almost two weeks now) my weight loss journey continues!  I was over the moon when I reached the 30 pound mark.  Like seriously jumping up and down and squealing.  The dogs thought something was wrong.  Ha! And now I'm almost to 40 pounds and that seems so huge.  Almost unimaginable.  But it's happening.  For real. 

I swear I'm not trying to brag.  Honestly.  I'm trying to encourage.  Because I have now lost 37.5 pounds while working two full-time jobs!  I haven't deprived myself of anything, haven't starved myself (though admittedly it did feel that way the first two weeks while I was adjusting to the lower calorie intake...), and I haven't had to change my social life. We still eat out more frequently than we should, but I make better choices about my food when we eat out.  I don't have time to go to the gym so I don't.  I was walking at work on my breaks but I've been so busy lately that hasn't been happening, either.  (I plan to get back to that soon.)  Guys, I'm not exercising.  I HATE exercise.  And I'm still losing weight.  So what I'm saying here is if I can do this, anyone can.  A busy schedule is not an excuse.  I'd lose more weight faster (and it would be healthier for me) if I were exercising regularly, but to make this change in my life I don't have to have time to dedicate to exercise specifically.  And neither do you.  So stop making excuses, find out how many calories you should be eating daily, and start holding yourself accountable!

And for my friends who are also on a weight loss journey, I am SO proud of you.  Keep up the hard work! 

Current length of diet: 5.5 months
Current weight lost: 37.5 pounds

1 comments:

You are rocking the weight loss! WTG!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More