Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm still here!

I haven't abandoned this blog, I promise.  In fact, I've been thinking about it a lot lately and just wondering what I should write about.  I guess I should start by posting that I did finally manage to finish Emma and I don't recommend it AT ALL.  It was pretty awful.  Then I rented the movie through Netflix and it was equally awful.  They obviously used sets for outdoor scenes and I just don't get that.  It was sort of like watching a really slow play in movie form.  Except I like plays.

Next I decided to read The Vampire Diaries.  While I found the writing better (grammatically) than Twilight, I just couldn't get into the books.  I read three of them and decided I'd wasted enough of my time.  (They were quick reads so thankfully that didn't translate to too much wasted time.)  I then decided to give the TV series based on the books a try and oh, my...  I'm hooked!  I managed to watch all 22 episodes of the first season over the course of a single weekend (they're 45-minute episodes!) and I'm now thoroughly enjoying season two with everyone else as it airs.  I'm totally Team Damon and I have a picture that Ian Somerhalder tweeted of himself as my wallpaper on my computer at work.  HA!  Yep, I just publicly admitted that.  I think I've sunk to a new level of geekery.

I haven't decided yet what I'll read next.  I think it will be either Wuthering Heights or GRRM's Game of Thrones.  Depends on whether or not I keep with my classic - current - classic - current plan or not.  Classics are so boring, though.

I've also started crocheting again.  I learned in middle school but hadn't done anything in a LONG time.  It's like riding a bike and I picked it back up pretty easily.  I'm currently hooked on granny square blankets, which I taught myself to make by watching a tutorial on YouTube.  You can learn anything on the internet these days!  So far I've made a couple of scarves, a baby blanket, a toddler blanket, and a hat.  The hat came out too small for an adult, though... which is unfortunate because it was supposed to match a scarf that I made.  My fingers have been objecting to my crocheting so much lately, though, so I'm giving them a small break.  But I hope everyone likes stuff made of yarn because that's what they're likely to get for Christmas this year. 

Something else I feel falls under noteworthy news is the fact that I actually beat a sinus infection without taking any antibiotics.  Someone needs to write that down somewhere important because it's a first for me in a LONG time.  Like since I was a kid.  Z-Pack stopped being effective for me in either middle or high school.  My body typically doesn't give me the option of recovering without antibiotics, but with the help of unbelievable amounts of Vitamin C, Mucinex D, NyQuil, and more boxes of PuffsPlus tissues than I can count I DID IT!  I want my prize now, please.

(This is a test to see how posts sent by email look on the blog.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More