Monday, May 31, 2010

I can't decide what to do with my day.

I haven't even been on my new medicine/supplements for a week yet and I'm already feeling so much better.  I wonder how much of it is a placebo effect and how much is the meds.  But I do feel a difference.  Instead of wanting to sit here on the computer all day long I actually want to accomplish several different projects.  I need to go to the grocery store, so that will be first on the list.  But I also feel like cleaning up the living room/dining room, shampooing the carpets (which will have to wait since David is sleeping), clean out the garage, clean out the old nursery (there are still baby things in there!), organize my business stuff, design some business stuff, finish decorating the new entertainment center (it has lots of cubbies that need things to fill it), clean out the closet under the stairs, do laundry, hang photos on my walls, order new photos to go on my walls, etc etc etc!  I just have all this energy that I haven't had in SO LONG and I actually feel like doing things.  It's pretty dang awesome!

So I guess I'd better stop writing this and get going if I'm going to get anything accomplished.  Whenever I'm in a mood like this I remember when David and I first got married we rented a trailer down the street from my parents' house.  We got a REALLY good deal on the rent since our neighbor owned it, but it came with a few issues.  The one that bothered me the most wasn't the iron shaped burn in the carpet in the living room or the awful 80's trailer wallpaper...  it was the fact that the kitchen counters were not even.  Every time I'd put an egg down on the counter it'd roll away!  Drove me insane!  But anyhow...  when we first moved in the yard was in need of a LOT of work.  I cut the grass (drove dad's riding mower down the street to do so, lol) and started working on all the stuff I couldn't get to with the lawn mower.  I was serious.  My dad was worried about me doing too much in the heat (really he was probably just ready to go home himself - he didn't want to leave me alone with his yard tools!) and reminded me, "They didn't build Rome in a day."  I didn't miss a beat and responded, "That's because I wasn't there!"  And that's how I am when it comes to getting a project done.  Once I get started, I won't want to stop until I'm done.

I also do ridiculous projects at the most inconvenient times.  When we were still in college, David and I were living with my parents.  The night before a really big chemistry exam we were studying when I decided it was time to clean the shower curtain.  It had grown that nasty orange mildew on it and had been bugging me for a while.  So in the middle of studying I declare I'm going to go clean the shower curtain.  David is scratching his head and wondering why I've chosen THEN to do it.  It had needed to be done for a while.  I guess it was a form of procrastination.  But since then my wacky projects at inconvenient times have been referred to as "shower curtain" events.

I've managed to kill a good 15 minutes of my time writing this blog, so I'd better get up and have some lunch (so I don't go grocery shopping hungry!) and head to Publix.

Also, I have this song on repeat in my iTunes.  You should check it out.  I've been in love with it since Jodie of Fresh Art Photography used it for a video from their last wedding.  I've been hoping that if I play it enough times I'll get sick of it and it will leave my head, but no such luck so far.  I'm still in love with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More