Sunday, August 15, 2010

My lazy Saturday wasn't as lazy as I'd planned.

I knew when I went to bed on Friday night that I would make it my goal for Saturday to be as lazy as humanly possible.  But I failed.  I mean, I didn't get any housework done or anything, but I was actually quite busy while trying to be lazy.

  • I got up super early, which is very unlike me.  
  • I made myself some pancakes for breakfast.  David was still awake, but he had stopped to pick up some Diet Coke for me on his way home from work and got some breakfast then.  In his defense, I usually don't get up before he goes to bed on the weekends.
  • I bought the Hipstamatic app for my iPhone (which I verified through a friend isn't working right for me, probably because I don't have ios4 - and have no plans on upgrading).  I took pictures of any pet that would sit still for me.  Ha!
hipstamatic brett
  • I caught up on my RSS feeds while drinking lots of Diet Coke.  Mmm.
  • I caught up on Facebook.
  • I designed some birth announcements for a Whittle Steps client.
  • I ate hot dogs for lunch (which I don't think I'd had in a year or two - buying them was a strange whim at the grocery store last weekend).
  • I gave in and bought two expansion packs for Hipstamatic...  yeah, I have no will power.
  • I cooked a pretty yummy dinner.
  • I called my sister and wished her a happy birthday.
  • I crocheted some on the prop I'm trying to make for newborn sessions.  The middle part looks pretty good, if I may say so myself, but the edges where I have to turn around and go back the other direction...  well, that part is horrid.
  • I played Diner Dash on my iPhone.
  • I added some more movies to our Netflix queue.  It's going to take us YEARS to get through just what we currently have on there.
  • I read some more Emma.  It's getting better as I go and slowly becoming easier to read.  Though I still stutter over things like "every body" instead of everybody and things like that.  But the characters are squared away in my brain now and I don't need the cheat sheet anymore.
  • I took a bubble bath. 
  • I played some Plants vs. Zombies on my laptop - and finally beat the adventure mode!  

For a "lazy" day that sure was full of activity.  Granted there was nothing really meaningful or productive in there, and I did spend half the day feeling incredibly bored.  But...  despite the fact that I coughed a little throughout the day I finally feel better.  I finally feel like I've probably kicked this stupid bronchitis!

Today I have a new Whittle Steps client combined with an extended family session, so I'm really looking forward to that!  And next weekend we're celebrating my sister's birthday at my mom's house, and David will be off work.  So I'm happy that I'm feeling better and my usual activities can return to normal.  I've been avoiding the nephews because they have been sick and I've been sick, and I miss them!  It's time to plan another weekend outing with them!  Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More