Thursday, August 5, 2010

I had a bad day.


Yep, that's my car.  That's my bumper all smashed in.  And part of the car beyond the bumper, too!  My car that I absolutely LOVE and that has never had anything more than a tiny scratch...  And so today I called to make my first insurance claim ever.  :'(

This hasn't been the best two weeks for me.  On July 24th I started coughing a little and had some of my normal sinus drainage.  It quickly progressed into a full-blown nasty cough that the doctor diagnosed on the 30th as bronchitis.  I also lost my voice for a full two days.  I worked one of those days because I had so much court and just didn't answer my phone unless it was someone I knew I could whisper to!  It was pretty miserable.  But I got antibiotics, an inhaler, and some cough syrup on the 30th and things started looking up.  Especially with the cough syrup.  Heh heh heh.  

So now I'm WAY better and have weaned myself off the cough syrup for the most part (I'm still taking it at night, but not during the day) but I'm still having random coughing and my chest hurts.  And so when I got upset about my car today, that made my chest hurt even worse.  And that just upset me more.  And so I ended up canceling physical therapy because I needed to call the insurance and my chest hurt and I just couldn't make myself do it today.  

Have I mentioned physical therapy yet?  My kneecaps aren't in the right places.  They're down and to the inside...  which is unusual.  The therapist said usually when they're messed up they go toward the outside.  Ha!  Not my dysfunctional body.  Nope.  Mine go toward the inside.  And so we've been working on strengthening several muscles to get them in the right place, and I really think it was helping until I got sick.  I couldn't do any of my home exercises while I was sick and I missed one appointment that week.  Now I've missed one appointment this week because they didn't have anything available for me tomorrow.  And that's all after I cut myself from 3 times a week to 2 because I have a $25 copay each visit.  I just couldn't bring myself to spend $75/week for four weeks on copays! 

So to sum it all up: My car has a big ugly dent in it, my chest hurts from coughing, and despite all the physical therapy I've done (and paid for!) my knees aren't progressing like they should.  

I feel like I should post something positive, too.  So I'm attempting to make my own fringe throw as a newborn prop.  I've modified the pattern I bought a little so that I'm actually crocheting a base for it...  I learned to crochet in middle school and haven't really done it much since then.  But I went shopping last night and I'm just diving right back in!  I spent quite a bit of money at Joann's so this prop better turn out to be very, VERY cute!  I think I have a better understanding now of why people sell them for $75 on Etsy!  

1 comments:

Oh no, your car! :( I hope the new med helps with the coughing. What a day! ((hug))

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More