Saturday, June 5, 2010

I had a busy day!

This is going to have to be a quick post because it's almost 11pm and I had intended to be in bed by 10.  I figure since my doctor has me on meds and stuff to try and sort my body out I should do everything I can to help it be balanced - and that includes going to bed at a decent time even on the weekends and (this is the hard part) getting up at a normal time on the weekends.  So here's a quick summary of my day because I'd like to share it!

IMG_2462
I started out the day going to the Preparedness Expo put on by SAFER Santa Rosa.  I'm on the Marketing and Public Relations committee now and they asked me to take pictures.  There weren't too many people there so I made a quick circuit of the exhibits and called it a success.  I'm still relatively new to SAFER and don't really know anyone yet.  I chatted with a few vendors and they were really nice.

IMG_2479
After that I headed to the Milton Gardens on the PJC Milton campus.  I'd heard about it but never been to actually check it out for myself.  Honestly, I was sort of disappointed.  I've been to a couple of botanical gardens in Birmingham, so I guess I had pretty high expectations.  This garden didn't seem all that organized or kept.  I suppose it's probably a work in progress.  I'll check it out again next year to see what they've done with it.

Picnik collage
After that I make a quick stop at home to grab some lunch and some client items I needed to deliver.  I rehydrated (it's HOT out there already!) and headed to the Demonstration Garden maintained by the University of Florida in Escambia County.  WOW!  It was so much better.

IMG_2566

There were nicely maintained pathways as well as lush grass and even a swing in one corner.  I actually sat on the swing and just enjoyed some quiet time looking at the flowers and playing with my camera.  I will definitely be going back to check it out for more flowers soon.

Picnik collage
My favorite part was probably "Whimsical Lane."  There were some creative decorations, most using glass bottles.

Picnik collage
Then I stopped by Kelly's to visit for a little while.  :)  Tyler was sleeping so I had some quality time with Kelly and Landon (who probably should have been sleeping).  He ended up playing games on Kelly's iPhone.  I was impressed with the learning games they had on there and the fact that he can identify letters now!  Last time I tried doing his flash cards with him he either didn't know them or was pretending he didn't.

It started POURING while I was there, but I had told a client I would deliver the custom items they had ordered...  to Navarre.  I wanted to go out and see the beach and take some pictures anyway, so driving down there wasn't a big deal.  However, things didn't really work out like I had hoped.  I made it to my client's house and dropped off their stuff, but when I left it was once again POURING.  So instead of turning to go to the beach I turned to go home.

Don't worry, I can pretty much take a picture with my iPhone blindfolded and/or in my sleep...  there was no danger in my taking this picture, and I didn't send it anywhere until I was at a complete stop.  Which came sooner than I'd planned, actually.  As I was driving on 87 North toward Milton I hit a major "puddle" and hydroplaned so badly that my shoulders hurt from the tension and holding the wheel straight.  So I pulled over.  I actually ended up in a church parking lot and the church was called Harbor at Holley.  I thought that fitting since I was seeking shelter from the weather.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More