Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The to-do lists are everywhere!

It has been a little over two weeks since I have taken any Zyrtec and I'm mostly itch-free.  I think that may just be the thing I'm most thankful for this Thanksgiving!  I was beginning to think I would never be free of it. 

I'm also surrounded by to-do lists.  I have my Christmas shopping list that I've been working on for a couple of weeks now, my Christmas card mailing list, and now a "things to take to mom's tomorrow" list for Thanksgiving.  I'm preparing either breakfast or brunch for everyone (depending on how early I can drag myself out of bed and over to Pensacola).  Then there's the stuff-to-do-for-clients list.  That one has stuff like designing Christmas cards, revising Christmas cards, and ordering Christmas cards, as well as shipping a print order that I had to place specially for someone due to an oddly sized print. 

Add to that the items I need to finish making before Christmas gets here in!  Tomorrow is one month before Christmas!  I ordered more yarn yesterday so I can finish Tyler's blanket.  It's the softest stuff I've ever felt and totally awesome.  It's also the most expensive yarn I've ever bought, and so I had to look for a deal.  (Found one!)  There are a few other things I'd like to crochet before the big day is here or else my gift list is going to have a few holes in it!  So I really need to get on the ball with that...  I think after this blanket I'll tackle the small stuff next and then start on the next blanket.  I don't know if I can make two blankets before Christmas, though.  Ack!

Portrait bookings have picked up A LOT lately, and I am so excited about that!  Seriously, I'm in love with working as a photographer.  I rented an L lens to use this weekend since Borrow Lenses was having a promotion.  It was delivered on Monday and would you believe I haven't even taken it out of the box yet?  Insane, right?!  I need to take it out and play with it tonight so I'm ready for tomorrow.  I'll probably practice on SADIE!  We're dog-sitting for some friends so we have a Pomeranian for 11 days.  David has dubbed her a pogo-ranian because she bounces so much.  Now I'm calling her Pogo.  I need to get some great shots of her and Bailey playing.  They're BFF's and adore one another.  But in order to do that, I would need to straighten up the living room, and that, quite frankly, just isn't at the top of the list right now! 

What about you?  Are you ready for Thanksgiving?  And Christmas?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More